* The Hop To it Easter Egg Hunt, sponsored by Preaching Christ Church and Food City, at Andrew Johnson Elementary School (April 20) has been canceled due to the threat of inclement weather. Instead, organizers invite families to “Rise Together” on April 28 at the Kingsport Farmers Market. Beginning at 10:30 a.m. until 11 a.m., they will issue wristbands for free unlimited carousel rides followed by live music, free inflatables, free Starbucks coffee. The carousel will open at 1 p.m. For details, call (423) 967-5997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit www.preachingchristchurch.com.
* Tri-Cities Talent and Talent Galaxy will present an Easter performance featuring an inspiring evening of music and dance at 6:30 p.m., April 18, at Kingsport’s Renaissance Center. The performance will include dancers and tumblers from ages 3 to adult. Admission is $10. To reserve tickets, call (423) 863-6051.
* Morning Pointe of Greeneville will hold its Easter Egg Hunt from 2 to 3 p.m., Friday, April 19. Families and children of all ages are invited to attend. There’ll be age-specific egg hunts, snacks and activities.
* “The Scenes of the Passion,” a “tour” of Jerusalem witnessing the events leading to the Crucifixion, will be presented by Hiltons Memorial United Methodist Church at 7 p.m., April 19-20. Tours begin every 15 minutes.
* Bloomingdale Baptist Church will present “The Living Last Supper” drama at 7 p.m., April 19 (Good Friday) and 10 a.m., April 21 (Easter Sunday). Come experience a living re-enactment of “The Last Supper,” Leonardo Da Vinci’s famous painting with 13 characters. Free and open to the public. The church is located at 3220 Bloomingdale Road in Kingsport. Call (423) 288-5151.
* Celebration Church’s “The Victory Stone: Marking a Hero’s Journey,” an original musical production celebrating Easter, will be presented at 6:30 p.m., Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20, and at 9:15 and 11:15 a.m., Sunday, April 21. Celebration Church is located at 429 Shipley Ferry Road in Blountville.
* The Bunny Hop 5K and Kids Dash will be held from 8:30 to 10 a.m, April 20, at Founder’s Park in Johnson City. The 5K begins at 8:30 a.m. followed by the Kids’ Dash at 9:30 a.m. Pre-registration ends on April 18, but participants can register on the day of the event during packet pickup from 7:30 to 8 a.m. The entry fee is $20 per person in advance or $25 on the day of the race. Kids under 12 can participate in all events at no cost, and the first 50 at the race will receive bunny ears. Visit www.athlinks.com and search for the Bunny Hop 5K and Kids’ Dash.
* Bloomingdale Ruritan Easter Egg Hunt will be held at 10 a.m., April 20 at Sullivan North High School in Kingsport. The hunt is for children ages 0 to 12 years of age and special needs children of all ages. There will be 100s of prizes. Bring your own Easter basket.
* Munsey United Methodist Church will host its Easter Egg Hunt at 10:30 a.m., April 20 at Founder’s Park in Johnson City.
* Bible Baptist Church will host “The Hunt” from 11 a.m. to noon, Saturday, April 20, at the church, located at 246 Hilton Street in Kingsport. Features over 1,500 eggs, awesome door prizes, and a free kids meal voucher for every participant. There will be three superset age divided hunts.
* David Crockett Birthplace State Park will host an Easter Eggstravaganza from noon to 3 p.m., April 20. Three age categories (0-3, 4-7 and 8 and older) for egg hunts. Prizes, including pool passes and free camping nights will be awarded. Meet at Shelter 2. The cost is $3. Call (423) 257-2167 or register online at tnstateparks.com.
* Natural Tunnel State Park will hold its annual egg hunt at 2 p.m., April 20 at the park. Meet at the picnic area. Bring your own basket. Call (276) 940-2674.
* A full-scale replica of the ancient Hebrew tabernacle built in the wilderness by the Hebrew nation will be on display and available for tours at the Appalachian Fairgrounds from 1 to 7 p.m., daily through April 21. The Messiah’s Mansion tour is divided into five sections, each lasting about 15 minutes. Group reservations are available upon request. Call (423) 283-4776.