Moises Jimenez Casas, 30, was named in a sealed Hawkins County Grand Jury indictment last year on one count of aggravated rape, as well as a Class C felony sex charge pertaining to the same alleged crime.
The original aggravated rape charge is a Class A felony punishable by 15-25 years, but as part of his plea agreement Casas pleaded guilty to a reduced Class B felony rape count.
The indictment affidavit stated that on Dec. 7, 2016, Casas engaged in unlawful sexual penetration with a 20 year old victim who he knew, or had reason to know, was mentally defective.
Casas must serve 100 percent of his eight year sentence. He was also fined $1,150 and he will be a registered sex offender for life.
Other Sept. 28 guilty pleas
* Dustin Keith Overbay, 34, 420 Bay St., Mount Carmel, was sentenced to a total of 12 years on community corrections in exchange for guilty pleas to four counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also fined $1,150 and must complete long term drug rehab at Omega House as part of the conditions of his community corrections.
* Dion Scott Myers, 49, 138 Grassy Valley Road, Whitesburg, who was sentenced to two years at 35 percent and fined $3,125 for DUI 4th offense, driving on a revoked license 3rd offense, and speeding.
* Michael A. Whiteley, 19, 1425 Sevier Terrace Drive, Kingsport, who was sentenced to three years at 30 percent for robbery.
* Mark Anthony Bishop, 45, 913 Shadyside Drive, Kingsport, who was sentenced to two years at 35 percent and fined $1,800 for felony evading arrest, felony reckless endangerment, DUI 3rd offense, driving on a revoked license, speeding, reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident, failure to immediately report an accident, improper passing, failure to exercise due care, no seatbelt and no insurance.
Oct. 1 Hawkins County Grand Jury Indictments
* John Robert Martin Jr., 45, 5127 Carters Valley Road Lot 22, Church hill, for aggravated kidnapping.
* Chasten Allen Hale, 30, 9801 Woodlawn St. apt. F, Rogersville, for maintaining a dwelling for drug use or sales.
* Kimberly Dawn Carver, 37, 1242 Middlebrook Drive, Kingsport, for two counts of forgery.
* Bobby Lynn Lawson, 60, 85 Ed Shipley Road, Mohawk, for two counts of aggravated assault.
* Joshua David Miller, 24, 109 McLean Hill Road, Rogersville, for theft over $10,000, two counts of theft under $1,000, criminal trespassing, driving on a revoked license 2nd offense, leaving the scene of an accident, and no insurance.
* Phillip Brian Manis, 52, 317 Williams Road, Surgoinsville, for DUI 4th offense, reckless aggravated assault, felony reckless endangerment, driving on a revoked license 2nd offense, open alcohol container and no insurance.
* Justin Eric Cantrel, 30, 8238 Gilliam Hollow Road, Pound, Va., for possession of meth with intent to deliver, violation of the Drug Free School Zone Act, simple possession of Schedule III narcotics and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Robert Alan Raynor, 37, 5300 old Baileyton Road, Greeneville, for felony reckless endangerment, felony evading arrest, driving on a revoked license 4th offense, and failure to obey traffic control devices.
April 16 sealed indictment recently served
Lloyd Benjamin Hill, 49, 271 Hillsville Road Lot 27, Blakcwater, Va., for reckless aggravated assault, DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia, no seat belt and no insurance.