• RBI TRI-CITIES WINTER HITTING CAMP, for ages 8-14, will be held Feb. 2, 2019, from 9 a.m.-noon, at RBI Tri-Cities, 604 Rolling Hills Dr., Johnson City. Registration is $60 or $50 for RBI members. Go online at rbitricities.com to learn more or to register.
• 37th BOWL FOR KIDS’ SAKE, a fundraising event for Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee, is coming up in the spring at bowling lanes in our region. Participants form teams and raise money through a fundraising page at BowlForKidsToday.org. Events in our area will be held Friday, April 12 at the Bass Pro Shop in Bristol and Saturday, April 13 at Warpath Lanes in Kingsport. Company or civic organization sponsorships are available. To learn more, go online at BowlforKidsToday.org.
• CARSON-NEWMAN CHAMPIONSHIP Coaching Clinic, with former Virginia Tech coach Frank Beamer as the headline speaker, will be held March 1-3 at the Music Road Resort in Pigeon Forge. The cost to attend is $60 for coaches and wives. East Tennessee State defensive coordinator Billy Taylor also will be among the speakers. Call (865) 471-3466 for more information. Registration fees can be mailed to Carson-Newman Football Coaching Clinic, Ken Sparks Athletic Complex, 904 E. Mountcastle St., Jefferson City, TN 37760.
• LONESOME PINE COUNTRY CLUB is offering golf lessons for children ages 8-12. Chris Stacy and David Harvey will hold a five-series get-golf-ready lesson package for $75. The package is available to young golfers of all abilities but focused toward novice and beginning juniors. Call (276) 523-0739 for more information.
• THE DEVILS DASH 5K, a fundraiser for the Gate City Big Blue Booster Club, will be held Saturday, April 20, beginning at 9 a.m., in downtown Gate City. Age groups offered are 10-under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70-up. Entry fee is $25. Register online at runsignup.com (search Devils Dash 5K), email firstname.lastname@example.org to have a registration form mailed, or pick up a registration form in the GCHS office.
• LADY BUCS SOCCER ACADEMY ID Camp, for girls ages 14-18, will be held Sunday, March 17, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., at East Tennessee State’s Summers-Taylor Stadium in Johnson City. Registration is $75 per player. Go online at ladybucsocceracademy.com to learn more or to register.
• SLOW-PITCH SENIOR SOFTBALL LEAGUE at Johnson City’s Winged Deer Park, open to men of all abilities who will turn at least 60 years old this year, is now registering. The season will start in early March and run through October. League play is every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. till noon. Registration cost is $40 per individual, which includes a new cap and shirt, and there’s free winter conditioning from 1-2 p.m. each Tuesday and Thursday during February at the Keystone building gym next to the Johnson City Seniors Center parking lot. Registration during regular business hours also is available at the center or go online at tricitiesseniorsoftball.com for more information and to download the registration form, which you can mail. Eventually, forms will be in other nearby senior centers. Call Charlie Mattioli (543-1962), Ron Settle (217-8372) or Bill Wright (631-1208) for more information.
• SOFTBALLNATION’S BASH FOR THE CASH will be held March 16-17 at Sugar Hollow Park in Bristol, Va. Divisions offered are men’s silver, bronze, women’s, and men’s 40-over. Entry fee is $250 and there’s a three-game guarantee. Email email@example.com or text (276) 210-8072.