• LYNN GARDEN OPTIMIST signups — for ages 3-16 with offerings for T-ball, baseball and softball — will be held every Saturday, from 1-4 p.m., through March 16 at the Lynn Garden Restaurant. Fees are $35 for T-ball and $45 for baseball and softball. If unable to attend in person, sign up online at LGOCSports.com.
• VIRGINIA-WISE MEN’S BASKETBALL summer camps will be held in June and August. The team camp is June 14-16, the Individual Camp is June 17-21 and the Elite Camp is Aug. 3-4. Go online at uvawisebasketballcamps.com for more information.
• 37th BOWL FOR KIDS’ SAKE, a fundraising event for Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee, is coming up in the spring at bowling lanes in our region. Participants form teams and raise money through a fundraising page at BowlForKidsToday.org. Events in our area will be held Friday, April 12 at the Bass Pro Shop in Bristol and Saturday, April 13 at Warpath Lanes in Kingsport. Company or civic organization sponsorships are available. To learn more, go online at BowlforKidsToday.org.
• ANNUAL KIDS FISHING DAY, for kids 12-under, will be held Saturday, April 27, from noon-3 p.m., at Natural Tunnel State Park, 1420 Natural Tunnel Pkwy., Duffield. Registration will start at 10 a.m. Please bring your own fishing tackle. Visit the Natural Tunnel State Park Facebook page to learn more about events at the park.
• LONESOME PINE COUNTRY CLUB is offering golf lessons for children ages 8-12. Chris Stacy and David Harvey will hold a five-series get-golf-ready lesson package for $75. The package is available to young golfers of all abilities but focused toward novice and beginning juniors. Call (276) 523-0739 for more information.
• LONESOME PINE CC TOUGHMAN Kickoff Tournament is set for Saturday, March 16 at the course in Big Stone Gap. Fun is the goal of the day for the two-person, select-shot, 18-hole event that uses the Peoria handicapping system and tees off at 10 a.m. Fees for the scramble are $25 for LPCC members and $40 for nonmembers. Call the pro shop at (276) 523-0739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• TUSCULUM FOOTBALL fundraising golf tournament will be held Friday, April 19, beginning at 1 p.m., at Link Hills Country Club in Greeneville. The cost is $50 per person or $200 per four-person teams for the captain’s choice event. Tournament application forms are available at the Tusculum Athletic Department in Rankin Hall on the Greeneville campus. For more information, contact Coach Odom at (423) 636-7459 or email at email@example.com.
• A FREE TRAPPER TRAINING CAMP, for all ages and hosted by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency and the Tennessee Fur Harvesters, will be held March 15-17 at TWRA’s Hiwassee Refuge in Meigs County near the Hamilton County community of Birchwood. The camp will include instruction on live trapline, fur handling, set making, snaring and trap modification. Check-in will begin with registration on Friday from 5-6:45 p.m. Contact John Daniel with the Tennessee Fur Harvesters by calling (423) 595-0986 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
• CRUMLEY HOUSE Joggin’ for the Noggin’ 5K will be held Saturday, March 23, beginning at 10 a.m., at 300 Urbana Road, Limestone. The Crumley House is a nonprofit brain injury rehabilitation center providing services to individuals and families who sustained a traumatic brain injury. Register online at athlinks.com/event/joggin-for-the-noggin-5k-136014; fee is $25 until March 16 and $30 from March 17 through race day. To learn more or to provide sponsorship, call the Crumley House at (423) 257-3644.
• MAKE-A-WISH 5K Run/Walk, hosted by the Tusculum Pioneer Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (PSAAC), will be held Saturday, April 6, beginning at 9 a.m., on the university’s Greeneville campus. The cost is $25 for participants 18 and older and $15 for participants 17 and younger as well as Tusculum students with a valid TU ID. Teams of five may sign up as a group for $100. All proceeds of the event will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Registration for the race begins at 7:45 a.m., at the outdoor basketball courts located between Katherine Hall and the Nichols Tennis Complex, the day of the race. Early registration is also available online at the PSAAC Make-A-Wish 5K Run/Walk by contacting Jenna Restivo in the Tusculum Athletic Department at (423) 636-7300 ext.-5291 or email at email@example.com.
• THE DEVILS DASH 5K, a fundraiser for the Gate City Big Blue Booster Club, will be held Saturday, April 20, beginning at 9 a.m., in downtown Gate City. Age groups offered are 10-under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70-up. Entry fee is $25. Register online at runsignup.com (search Devils Dash 5K), email firstname.lastname@example.org to have a registration form mailed, or pick up a registration form in the GCHS office.
• LAUREL RUN ASCENT, an 11-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, April 13, beginning at 8 a.m., at Laurel Run Park in Church Hill. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at email@example.com for more information.
• AMIS MILL 10K, part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, May 11, beginning at 8 a.m., at Amis Mill Eatery in Rogersville. The event is a SFTC King & Queen Competition and the RRCA Tennessee State 10K Championship. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• WOLF RUN, a 7-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Tuesday, July 16, beginning at 6:30 p.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. The race is a Fun Fest event as well as a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at email@example.com for more information.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Sept. 14, beginning at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• PHIPPS BEND RIVER RUN, a 10-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Oct. 12, beginning at 8 a.m., at Phipps Bend in Surgoinsville. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at email@example.com for more information.
• LADY BUCS SOCCER ACADEMY ID Camp, for girls ages 14-18, will be held Sunday, March 17, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m., at East Tennessee State’s Summers-Taylor Stadium in Johnson City. Registration is $75 per player. Go online at ladybucsocceracademy.com to learn more or to register.
• MILLIGAN MEN’S SOCCER Summer Day Camps, for boys and girls ages 6-14, will be held June 3-6 and July 8-11, from 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. on the Milligan campus. Fee is $165 per week. Registration forms are available online at milliganbuffs.com, and checks can be made payable to Milligan Soccer, P.O. Box 500, Milligan College, TN 37682. Call the men’s soccer at (423) 461-8469 or email coach Kyle Findlay at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
• ETSU BUCS SOCCER ACADEMY camps for male soccer players are coming up this summer at Summers Taylor Soccer Complex. The half-day (ages 5-14, 8:45 a.m.-noon; cost: $145) and full-day camps (ages 7-14, 8:45 a.m.-4 p.m.; cost: $220) are set for June 10-13 and the Elite Residential Camp is set for July 17-20 (ages 12-up; cost: $375 for commuters and $475 for residential). For more information, go online at bucssocceracademy.com or contact Josh Scott at email@example.com or call (423) 439-8437.
• SLOW-PITCH SENIOR SOFTBALL LEAGUE at Johnson City’s Winged Deer Park, open to men of all abilities who will turn at least 60 years old this year, is now registering. The season will start in early March and run through October. League play is every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 a.m. till noon. Registration cost is $40 per individual, which includes a new cap and shirt. Registration during regular business hours also is available at the center or go online at tricitiesseniorsoftball.com for more information and to download the registration form, which you can mail. Call Charlie Mattioli (543-1962), Ron Settle (217-8372) or Bill Wright (631-1208) for more information.
• LYNN GARDEN OPTIMIST signups — for ages 3-16 with offerings for softball, T-ball and baseball — will be held every Saturday, from 1-4 p.m., through March 16 at the Lynn Garden Restaurant. Fees are $35 for T-ball and $45 for softball and baseball. If unable to attend in person, sign up online at LGOCSports.com.
• SOFTBALLNATION’S BASH for the Cash will be held March 16-17 at Sugar Hollow Park in Bristol, Va. Divisions offered are men’s silver, bronze, women’s, and men’s 40-over. Entry fee is $250 and there’s a three-game guarantee. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or text (276) 210-8072.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS ASSOCIATION USTA Adult Competitive League runs March 23 through May 4. For more information, email email@example.com.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS ASSOCIATION USTA Mixed Doubles League runs May 18-July 6. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS ASSOCIATION USTA Combo League runs Aug. 17-Sept. 28. For more information, email email@example.com.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS Association has several ways to get involved in tennis this spring and summer. Among the META offerings: Tennis on Tap at Metro Park in Johnson City, May 2-30, 7-8:30 p.m., at Ida Stone Jones Center in Bristol, Tenn., June 6-27, 7-8:30 p.m., at Borden Park in Kingsport, July 3-25, 7-8:30 p.m. and at Liberty Bell in Johnson City, Aug. 1-29, 7-10 p.m.; Memorial Day Mixer, Borden Park in Kingsport, May 27, 9 a.m.-noon; Fourth of July Mixer at Ida Stone Jones Center in Bristol, Tenn., July 4, 9 a.m.-noon; Labor Day Mixer at Liberty Bell in Johnson City, Sept. 2, 9 a.m.-noon; and META Social Tennis in June, July and August. For more information about META, email firstname.lastname@example.org
• FUN FEST FAST4 TOURNAMENT, a Mountain Empire Tennis Association event, will be held July 19 at Borden Park in Kingsport. For more information, email email@example.com.
• ETSU VOLLEYBALL CAMPS, conducted by coach Benavia Jenkins, will be held this spring and summer. The camps are open to male and female players with the exception of the College Prep camp. The camps are: Setter/Libero Positional Camp (6-9 p.m., May 22, ages 14-18, cost $100); Attackers (Middle/Pins) Positional Camp (6-9 p.m., May 23, ages 14-18, $100); College Prep (July 13-15, girls ages 14-18, $330 for residential camp, $300 for commuters); All-Skills Day Camp (July 29-30, ages 12-18, $150); and Youth Day Camp (9 a.m.-noon, July 29-30, ages 6-12, $125). For more information, go online at BenaviaVolleyballCamps.com.