• ETSU BASEBALL COACH Joe Pennucci is conducting a prospect camp for grades 9-12 from 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m. on Sept. 1 at Thomas Stadium. Cost is $150. Contact Zach Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 401-3372.
• ALL-AMERICAN SPORTS ACADEMY is offering baseball players the opportunity for showcase their talents in front of college scouts during tryouts for the 2019-20 18-under and 16-under teams. The tryouts will run from 2-4 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 22 at 415 Meadow Creek Road, Bristol, Tenn. Call (423) 383-0793 with questions.
• VIRGINIA-WISE MEN’S BASKETBALL Elite Camp is scheduled for Aug. 3-4. Go online at uvawisebasketballcamps.com for more information.
• ETSU WOMEN’S COACH BRITTNEY EZELL will conduct the Buccaneer Experience Camp on Aug. 3-4 (Saturday for juniors and seniors, Sunday for freshmen and sophomores); cost is $60. Go online at brittneyezellbasketball.com for more information and to register.
• DRILL FACTORY WITH SHANE WILLIAMS, for youth of all ages, is offered in one-hour sessions. Prices are: 10 sessions for $300, eight for $250, six for $200, five for $175, four for $135, three for $100, two for $75 and one for $40; one-hour private session $65; and team prices 10 people for $250 or 15 for $365. Call 943-3037 or email email@example.com.
• LMU ATHLETICS GOLF OUTING, postponed earlier because of inclement weather, has been rescheduled for Friday, Aug. 2 at Wasiota Winds Golf Course in Pineville, Ky. The event held in honor of legendary Railsplitters coach Dean Bailey and former LMU President Dr. Jerry Bishop will begin with a 8:30 a.m. shotgun start. Registration is $400 per foursome or $100 per individual. Business or individual hole sponsorships are available for $100. For more information, contact Brooke White at firstname.lastname@example.org or (423) 869.6285.
• THIRD DOBYNS-BENNETT BASEBALL Golf Challenge, sponsored by the Plastic Surgery Center of East Tennessee, will be held Saturday, Aug. 10 at Crockett Ridge Golf Course in Kingsport. The four-man, select-shot tournament will begin with a 9 a.m. shotgun start; cost is $300 per team or $75 per player. Lunch will be provided by Texas Roadhouse. Entries will be accepted from 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday, at the D-B Activities Office. For more information or to register, contact Jennifer McDavid at (423) 956-0445 or email@example.com or coach Ryan Wagner at (423) 384-0985 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• KING UNIVERSITY SOFTBALL golf tournament will be held Saturday, Aug. 24 at Bays Mountain Golf Club in Church Hill. The 18-hole scramble will include two groups: one teeing off at 8 a.m. and the other teeing off at 2 p.m. Cost is $120 per two-person team, and includes a meal. Hole sponsorships also available. Contact head coach Jake Cockerham (email@example.com) or Katie McCann (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register or sponsor a hole.
• 2019 FARMERS AND MINERS INVITATIONAL is still accepting high school teams to compete in this year's Aug. 13 event. For details, contact Barry Audia at (276) 870-7919.
• FLINT ROCK LOOP HIKING ADVENTURE begins at 8 a.m., Saturday, Aug. 10 at Warriors Path State Park in Kingsport. The steep and strenuous climb will cover 8 miles of rugged, rocky terrain. Participants must be prepared for stiff climbs, slippery, rocky terrain, and the presence of stinging nettle, black bears and venomous snakes. Wear long pants and sturdy hiking boots. Bring plenty of food and water. Meet at the pool parking lot at 8 a.m. to carpool to the trailhead.
• 36th APPALACHIA RAILROAD DAYS 5K, 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk and 3-Mile Power Walk will be held Saturday, Aug. 3, starting and ending at the Appalachia Firehall. The 5K will begin at 8 a.m., the 1-Mile Fun Run Walk at 8:15 a.m. and the 3-Mile Power Walk at 8:20 a.m. Fees for pre-registration (which ends July 29) are $14 for the 5K and $10 for the Fun Run/Walk and Power Walk; regular registration fees are $15 and $11. For more information, go online at runtricities.org or contact race director Randy Blair at (276) 393-9577, Pam Hutchinson at (276) 565-0821 or Kimberly Teglas at (276) 393-6163.
• PINNACLE 5K RUN/WALK, a fundraiser for United Way, will be held Saturday, Aug. 3 at The Pinnacle Shopping Center in Bristol. The mildly-rolling course will start and finish at Johnny Brusco’s and cover the shopping center property. Post-race brunch courtesy of Chick-fil-A. Kids’ Half-Mile Run begins at 8 a.m. 5K Run/Walk begins at 8:30 a.m. Registration fees are $25 for the 5K and $10 for the Kids’ Half Mile Run. Visit werunevents.com and search for the race.
• BAYS MOUNTAIN TRAIL RACE, a 15-miler and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Sept. 14, beginning at 8 a.m., at Bays Mountain Park in Kingsport. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at email@example.com for more information.
• PHIPPS BEND RIVER RUN, a 10-mile trail race and part of the Skelton Law Racing Series, will be held Saturday, Oct. 12, beginning at 8 a.m., at Phipps Bend in Surgoinsville. The event is part of the SFTC Long Distance Series, a SFTC Trail Series Competition and a SFTC King & Queen Competition. Contact Race Director Mark Skelton at (423) 272-4812 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• KINGSPORT REC SOCCER PROGRAM, offered by Kingsport Parks and Recreation and Tri-Cities United Soccer Club, is registering ages 3-17 for its fall youth soccer program, which runs from Aug. 26-Nov. 9 at Eastman Park at Horse Creek. Assessments will begin Aug. 26. Age group coordinators also needed. To register or learn more, go online at kingsportsoccer.org.
• TUSCULUM SOFTBALL FALL PROSPECT Camp will be held Sunday, Sept. 8, from 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at Red Edmonds Softball Field on the university’s Greeneville campus. Pioneers coach Julie Huebner and her staff will teach advanced softball skills with the campers having the opportunity to showcase their ability. Participants will complete drills, increase their knowledge of the game and meet members of the Tusculum softball team. The cost of the camp is $125; deadline is Thursday, Sept. 9. The camp is limited to the first 50 applicants. To learn more, contact Huebner at (423) 636-7300 ext. 5131 or email@example.com.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS ASSOCIATION USTA Combo League runs Aug. 17-Sept. 28. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MOUNTAIN EMPIRE TENNIS Association has several ways to get involved in tennis this spring and summer. Among the META offerings: Tennis on Tap at Liberty Bell in Johnson City, Aug. 1-29, 7-10 p.m.; Labor Day Mixer at Liberty Bell in Johnson City, Sept. 2, 9 a.m.-noon; and META Social Tennis in July and August. For more information about META, email email@example.com.
• UNICOI COUNTY FAMILY YMCA TRIATHLONS — with child, youth and adult events — will take place on Saturday, Aug. 10 in Erwin. The events are: children (fourth-graders and younger), 70-foot swim, 1-mile bike portion and 0.4-mile run; youth (fifth- through eighth-graders), 100-yard swim, 2.3-mile bike portion and 1-mile run; and adult (ninth-graders and older), quarter-mile swim, 8.2-mile bike portion and 2.1-mile run. Adults will start at 8 a.m. (arrive by 7:30), and youth and child events will start at 11 a.m. (arrive by 10:30). Entry fee is $25 for YMCA members and $35 for nonmembers. Pre-register online at ucfymca.org or in person at 601 Love Street, Erwin. Pre-registration ends one week prior to race. To learn more, call Frank Cooke at the YMCA at (423) 434-5749.
• JOHNSON CITY PARKS & REC ADULT volleyball league — for ages 18 and older and 16-17 with parent or guardian consent — is registering through Aug. 30. Matches in the 10-game season for men’s and coed teams will take place at the Carver Recreation Center. The season begins Sept. 16 and games will be played from 6:30-10 p.m. Register at the Winged Deer Park Athletic Office, 4137 Bristol Highway. A roster must include a minimum of 12 players and a copy of each player’s driver’s license is required at the time of registration. Call (423) 283-5825 for more information.