Rhythm in Riverview will be held this Monday evening at the V.O. Dobbins Complex field. As in years past, the event will include food vendors, live music and a variety of other entertainment.
What to expect
Johnnie Mae Swagerty, one of the organizers of the event, said crowd favorite Liquid Pleasure will be taking the stage again this year. From Chapel Hill, North Carolina, the band performs a mix of R&B, jazz and hip hop music, all while cultivating a family-friendly atmosphere that brings audiences to their feet.
A number of food vendors will be set up at the event, including Beach Hut, Lil Delights, Mama’s Food Factory, Two Brothers and A&E Fishworks.
Bill Washington will be the emcee.
Attendees should bring blankets or lawn chairs, and T-shirts will be given away while they last, Swagerty added.
The fun doesn’t stop there. For those who arrive early, Swagerty said, Kids Central will be held from 2-5 p.m. at the same location.
• 5:30 p.m. — Princesses in Pink with Kingsport’s Girls Inc.
• 5:45 p.m. — Masters of the Moment hip hop dance team, featuring Jaylen Blye, Jayden Hines and Dakari Dixon
• 6 p.m. — Kingsport Parks and Recreation V.O. Dobbins tumblers
• 6:15 p.m. — New Vision Youth soloist Rajah Locklayer
• 6:30 p.m. — Eastman yoga training, in partnership with Healthy Kingsport and Ballad Health; Eastman interns and co-ops will be introduced, and blood pressure checks will be offered
• 6:45 p.m. — P&P Ministry in Song, featuring Minister Patricia Stover and Peggy Turner
• 6:50 p.m. — Shiloh Baptist Church praise dancers, Angels in Motion
• 7 p.m. — Liquid Pleasure
Why you should come
Swagerty said the free event usually brings in 200 to 300 people and offers something for everyone to enjoy.
“We want everybody to come out, have a good time and just dance the night away,” Swagerty said.
The event is sponsored by South Central Kingsport Community Development, Eastman, Kingsport Housing and Redevelopment Authority, City of Kingsport Parks and Recreation, New Vision Youth and Greater Kingsport Alliance for Development.