Electrical fire destroys Kingsport home

Matthew Lane • Jan 28, 2020 at 9:30 PM

KINGSPORT — Two Kingsport residents escaped injury from a Monday afternoon trailer fire on Patterson Road.

However, the structure was deemed beyond repair, and the American Red Cross will be providing assistance to the residents.

The Kingsport Fire Department responded to a trailer fire in the 100 block of Patterson Road at approximately 12:45 p.m. on Monday. The first fire engine on the scene saw heavy smoke coming from the structure. After battling the blaze for just over an hour, firefighters were able to extinguish the fire, said Barry Brickey, KFD public information and education officer.

The two people who were in the trailer at the time escaped without injury, and there were no injuries reported among the firefighters, Brickey added.

The Fire Marshal's Office determined the fire possibly started near an electrical outlet behind the washing machine. Brickey said the trailer was deemed beyond repair.